Industrial results - ColdOx operations
Glass melting burners FC and Glass melting burners FC VM burners were used to produce tableware glass. Oxygen is provided by cryogenic unit.
2014: Operations at nominal pull-rate with focus on :
- Furnace emissions : several measurements campaigns have been performed in oxy-fuel pilot furnace and air-fuel furnace in order to compare emissions performance by measuring NOx, SOx, O2, CO2 with gas analyzers.
- Furnace consumption : fuel flow was measured continuously along the lifetime of the pilot furnace and compared to an air-fired furnace of PAŞABAHÇE group. Numerous heat and mass balance calculations were performed to compare fuel consumption :
- Furnace wear : the furnace refractories have been tracked with endoscopy campaigns.
- Pull rate flexibility : tested from 160-220 TPD
Special focus en burner wear :
- Turndow : -50% to +150% demonstrated
- Flame length: from 2 meters to 3.5 meters
2015 : Demonstration of furnace & burner performances
NOx, CO2 and particulate emissions have been measured multiple times. Uncertainty analysis is underway in order to validate the baseline for comparison with HeatOx operations. For example, measured NOx values at 200 tpd are below the EU limits for corresponding furnace size and glass segment.
Flue gas temperature and composition weremeasured prior to HeatOx operation in absence of heat recuperators. Temperature up to 1250°C were measured at locations representative of “future” inlets of heat recuperators.
Project funded by European Commission for helping industry to reduce its environmental footprint.